What is SAP DM REO?
SAP Digital Manufacturing Resource Orchestration (SAP REO) is the planning component of SAP Digital Manufacturing. SAP REO is a cloud-based tool that is made up of two important functional areas: "Scheduling and Monitoring" and "Planning Workforce Deployment".
REO is the cloud-based tool for detailed planning and control within SAP Digital Manufacturing for Execution (SAP DMe). It provides production managers and production controllers with a complete overview of the current status of production orders, employees, workstations, machines and tools.
With REO, you canmonitor and schedule production orders and assign them to different resources. Operations and orders are displayed visually and can be scheduled flexibly via drag-and-drop to the desired machine or selected workstations. This also takes into account the personnel resource planning included in SAP REO, which organizes the availability, shift assignments and qualifications of the workers.
Using REO, various events in production can be monitored live and unforeseen events can be managed effectively. For example, if a machine breaks down, the affected employees and production orders can be assigned to another area. To minimize throughput times, it is also possible to split a production order and process it using two sub-orders on two different resources.
In addition to manual planning, there is also the option of using intelligent algorithms that can orchestrate processes based on both predefined functions and individual logic. Selected orders can be prioritized accordingly and a specific start date can be set, which should not be overwritten by the algorithm. Of course, humans still have the final say here too and the AI-based proposal can be adjusted manually afterwards.
What are the advantages of SAP DM REO?
- User-friendly tool for detailed planning and control within SAP DM
- Live monitoring of events in the production area with various response options on the store floor
- Optimum utilization of employees, machines, workstations and tools or production aids
- Plan employee availability and display detailed information on staff assignments, availability, qualifications and certifications
- Manual assignment or reassignment of processes using drag-and-drop
- Automatic scheduling of processes using selected heuristics and AI-supported algorithms
Request our white paper now and receive further exclusive information on digital manufacturing.
In this whitepaper, we will show you how to make the right decision for your specific application. In the context of the smart or digital factory, SAP Digital Manufacturing for Execution (SAP DMe) acts as a SaaS manufacturing cloud solution that enables you to achieve significant gains in quality and efficiency. As a result, visions and ideas relating to "Industry 4.0" are increasingly becoming a tangible reality.
- DMe as the central pivotal point in production
- Resource orchestration at shop-floor level
- Dynamic workforce scheduling with SAP DMe
- "Digital twin" and other functionalities
Do you have any questions or would you like more information? Please contact us for a joint exchange!