Pick-by-Motion – gesture-supported picking
High-performance picking with SAP EWM
Increasing flexibility while ensuring fast and secure picking at high-performance picking stations – this represents an ongoing technological challenge for logistics centres.
With PICK-BY-MOTION, IGZ now offers an extremely high-performance and flexible picking method with minimal use of technology and maximum flexibility.
With PICK-BY-MOTION you too can achieve maximum efficiency through low investment.
- Camera-monitored source picking and target output
- Flexibly change target containers at WzP stations
- Optional camera-based identification of scanning points
- Intervention control (control via traffic lights, beeps, confirmations, etc.)
- The hands are kept free when picking
- Coloured indicators for source and target containers
- Fully integrated with SAP EWM
- Gesture-based dialogue control
- Thumbs up = OK
- Thumbs down = minimum quantity correction
- Increased flexibility via lean technology (hardware/USB cabling)
- Dynamic loading of the source and destination locations
(e.g. 2 large target containers in the morning – 4 small target containers in the afternoon)
- Intervention/destination container monitoring and picking confirmation in one!
- Automatic acknowledgement when target container intervention is possible
- Simple user guidance based on a 3D visualisation
Application example at Krones AG
- Gesture-controlled loading of the tugger train
- Automatic detection of weighing machines/tugger train via markers
- Goods delivery via conveyor technology
- Display of target container on weighing machine via hall monitor/dialogue
- Optional: equip additional, empty destination containers via 1x scan to destination
- Goods delivery and confirmation thumbs up = acknowledgement
- Additional container needed: thumbs down: additional container via scann
- Flexibility for source and destination containers
- Ergonomic, highly efficient picking (>300 picks/h)
- Cheaper than pick-by-light with the same speed
- Intuitive operation thanks to graphical controls and displays
- Fast and secure target container location via intervention controls
- Error reduction via intervention monitoring of the source and target container
- Low training requirements
With Pick-by-Motion, we have increased our speed in loading route trains with simple technology and a low investment, while at the same time reducing error rates.