Control and monitoring of filling/packaging lines
For the Consumer Products segment, IGZ offers SAP MII (SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence) Best Practice Fill + Pack – a solution for efficient filling and packaging processes for liquid products or bulk materials.
Overview of Functions
Permits the configuration of complex filling and packaging lines not represented within SAP ERP (SAP Enterprise-Resource-Planning) .
- Individual configuration of individual machines and production lines
- Flexible tool for making independent adjustments
- Definition of order areas for order changes within a line
- Provides support for special situations such as shared and exclusive resources
- Automatic application of the system configuration to the line control station
Offers core visualisation functionality and a rapid overview of the production facility.
- Line control station with real-time display of system states, as well as line and machine parameters
- Proactive line management thanks to information at-a-glance
- Real-world system layout with display of operating conditions, data points and key figures
- Display and management of order data
- Display of current fault situations
Creates full transparency concerning ongoing, pending and completed orders
- High level of order transparency to facilitate prompt intervention
- Detailed scheduling/management by line manager or shift supervisor compatible via graphical planning boards
- Order buffering for autonomous production even if connection to ERP goes down
- Reduction in the costs of adhering to deadlines by enforcement of production planning
- Simple integration with SAP PP (SAP Production Planning) and SAP APO (SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization)
Used to calculate and present key figures for effectiveness
- Calculation of overall system availability to permit targeted interventions
- Waterfall model for presenting performance KPIs and losses
- Systematic reporting in shift reports for analyses
- Support for the "Weihenstephan Standard" for machine integration
Permits direct integration with the automation layer without additional IT subsystems.
- Direct parameterisation of the machine level
- Reading out of machine data (e.g. quantities, times, faults, etc.) for visualisations and ERP confirmation
- Support for common communication technologies (e.g. TCP/IP, OPC, etc.)
- Connection to a wide range of machine types, e.g. Bizerba, Tetra Pak, …
Ensures the reliable and user-friendly input of plant data needing to be entered manually.
- Manual input of order confirmations and malfunction reports for effective accounting
- Input of quantities, times and states for multi-layered reporting within SAP ERP (SAP Enterprise-Resource-Planning)
- Ergonomic screen navigation using radio frequency or stationary terminals
Implements the direct inclusion of simple, technical production components
- Connections to (e.g.) label printers, RFID read/write equipment, scanners and sensor technology (e.g. photoelectric barriers)
- No other IT systems required for connectivity
- Use of homogeneous flow logic for separate production facilities