Energy management for cost-efficient production
With SAP MES Energy Management, IGZ provides a solution that reduces costs by deriving energy saving potentials. The solution makes it possible to visualize energy consumption comprehensively online and to control it in an energy-optimized manner. It also supports the use of new technologies such as smart grids.
The need for efficient energy use is becoming increasingly urgent, especially due to dwindling resources, rising and fluctuating energy costs, temporary supply outages and increasing pressure from legislators.
Energy Optimization® at a glance
Sustainable and efficient energy use should be integrated into any company's overall strategy. Through actively controlled energy use, companies have the opportunity to secure a competitive advantage over their competitors and minimize risks and costs.
With SAP MES Energy Management, IGZ guarantees a detailed online analysis of energy use across all forms of energy at the entire company site. Starting from a site overview, it is possible to drill down to the product and process level as well as to the individual consumer, z. e.g. a machine, can be refined.
Interrelationships between production processes and energy consumption become highly transparent. Weak points in energy use can be quickly identified and concrete action scenarios can be reliably derived.
Energy saving potentials become visible, energy flows of plants and aggregates are constantly monitored and evaluated in detail.
It is easy to allocate peak loads and energy flows to individual systems and machines.
The controlled automatic shutdown of Prio B consumers at times of day with increased energy consumption avoids load peaks and leads to considerable cost reductions.
Supported by long-term evaluations of key energy figures and trends, meaningful energy reports can be generated, e.g. as a basis for audits or for long-term energy usage planning.
- Precise recording and online transparency of all energy data
- Continuous monitoring of the measuring points
- Identification of uneconomical, energy-intensive consumers
- Load reduction and avoidance of load peaks
- Order and article-related recording of energy values
- Detailed reporting enables long-term analysis for continuous success control
- Logical summary of physical meters / measuring points (e.g. cost center allocation, evaluation according to department, areas, plant groups, ...)
- Detailed analysis of energy-critical systems and aggregates
- Alarming of flexible receiver circuits in case of load exceedance
- Flexible configuration
- Automatic, load-oriented and coordinated shutdown
- Precise cost center recording possible
- Live monitoring in the cockpit and alarming enable fast reaction