The SAP Transportation Single-day Forum took place in close proximity to the IGZ Softwarescheune in the Burg Falkenberg Conference Centre for the third time. On Wednesday, 7th February, we were once again able to welcome more than 60 prospective customers to this specialist event. In the centre, there were practical examples from IGZ, live demonstrations were carried out and projects that had been successfully realised by IGZ with SAP Transportation Management (SAP TM) were introduced.
Direct networking with tried-and-tested SAP EWM warehouse management modules for intra-logistics in connection with the transport/KEP service providers, or your own vehicle fleet, offers you competitive advantages, increases the level of service and decreases your logistics and transport costs.
The new SAP S/4 HANA ERP generation is now being used in transport logistics. The previous ERP module, LE-TRA, and SD transport will only continue to be available for a few more years, until 2027 at the latest. Users of this module are facing the challenge of mapping these functions into the new S/4 HANA environment in good time (e.g., embedded TM). The SAP TM areas of planning, execution and billing, which can also be implemented independently from one another according to need, ensure for quick introductions and returns on investment.
IGZ offered the extremely interested visitors a number of interesting presentations from SAP TM experts, as well as various live demonstrations. Within the scope of the TM single-day forum, there was an informative excursion to the IGZ Innovation Centre. Mr Josef Liebl, Head of IT at one of our clients, Conrad Electronic, gave a lecture on E-Commerce high-performance logistics with SAP TM and SAP EWM and gave an interesting insight into the interplay between SAP TM and SAP EWM.
Mr Matthias Koch, Product Manager Transportation and Logistics at SAP enthused participants with an interesting and informative presentation on the topic of SAP Supply Chain Execution - The range of function of SAP TM 9.5 and S/4 HANA.
We would like to thank all participants and speakers for their considerable interest and the many positive discussions.
Welcome and warm up
- Overview of the day
- Speaker introductions
SAP Supply Chain Execution - The range of function of SAP TM 9.5 and S/4 HANA
- Current range of function of SAP TM (remote, embedded)
- Innovations in the SAP TM 9.5 release
- Outlook and additional development priorities for SAP TM with S/4 HANA
Integrated transport processes with S/4 HANA embedded TM
- Prerequisites and advantages of SAP TM embedded
- Implementation strategies from IGZ's perspective
- Decision criteria and efficient project procedures
Freight cost savings through efficient packaging item formation with SAP TM and EWM
- Optimal mixed palette formation and packaging item processing
- Visualisation of packaging items for transport and storage
- Interaction between SAP TM and SAP EWM
E-Commerce high-performance logistics with SAP TM and EWM at Conrad Electronic
- SAP TM in use for high dispatch volumes
- SAP EWM/MFS logistics for 100,000 packages per day
- Dispatch optimised packaging item calculation for packing and loading
- Perfect interaction between SAP TM and SAP EWM
Back to overview