Shuttle control directly from SAP highly automated shuttle systems are "in", as evidenced by the numerous ongoing implementation projects at major German and international companies.
Shuttle systems are particularly suitable in automatic small parts carriers with very high performance requirements. Their compact design distinguishes them above all through their speed, low acquisition costs and low maintenance, service and operating costs.
IGZ offers comprehensive solutions for shuttle direct drive with SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM) and SAP Material Flow System (SAP MFS). This allows all strategies for the required optimizations to be mapped in the integrated SAP EWM material flow control.
Scalable storage systems, such as the shuttle system, have their advantages in the very flexible expansion option. By adding individual shuttles, the performance and capacity of a plant can be dynamically adapted to the requirement. The modular storage system combines all the functions required for storage and transport in one integrated system. The shuttle vehicles transport different load carriers horizontally via rails and vertically by lift to every location of the rack. Each shuttle receives its transport orders from the computer via a local wireless network (wireless LAN). The entire system is managed by the warehouse management system SAP EWM / SAP MFS.
- All processes from warehouse management via storage and retrieval of containers in the shuttle bus system to supply and control of order picking and packing stations are carried out via SAP EWM / MFS
- Number and performance of the required shuttles with SAP scalable
- Full inventory and execution transparency in SAP
- SAP EWM contains the entire inventory management, selects the storage areas for putaway and coordinates the processes
- Additional material flow calculator aren't required
- Proof and performance test with the SAP EWM software already in the project planning phase
- Flexibility with changing product ranges and adaptability of logistics processes