- SAP WAREHOUSING
- SAP TRANSPORTATION
- SAP MANUFACTURING
- Industry sector
- consumer goods
- SAP EWM
- SAP MFS
- SAP MII
- SAP PCO
- SAP TM/EEI
At its factories in Mainz and Hallein (Austria), Werner & Mertz GmbH manufactures quality products for selected international markets. The production of high-quality branded cleaning products involves the use of the open software suite from SAP AG – a fact that points to the farsightedness of this traditional Mainz company. The key to this long-term sustainability in the company's IT is SAP MII: SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence. With SAP MII (SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence), IGZ eradicates non-SAP interfaces and subsystems from the highly-automated production processes, helping Werner & Mertz achieve maximum process transparency.
In collaboration with IGZ, all filling lines at the Mainz and Hallein (Austria) sites have been interfaced with SAP MII (SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence), so as to significantly reduce the subsystem architecture. The result: an optimum boost to efficiency, maximum plant availability and outstanding quality.
Werner & Mertz GmbH is a German household chemicals company based in Mainz, Germany. The core competencies of the Mainz-based chemicals company focus on cleaning, upkeep and preservation. Members of the company's comprehensive product portfolio for cleaning and upkeep include the familiar brands of Erdal, Frosch, Emsal, ratzfatz and tana.
Cleaners and detergents are manufactured at Werner & Mertz's Mainz facility, while small-batch and specialist products are produced in Hallein, near Salzburg. Strong brands, highly-qualified and motivated employees and the all-encompassing focus on environmental friendliness are the key aspects of corporate policy. Every year, the company manufactures a total of 171 million items.
For a European market and innovation leader in specialist detergents, a long look behind the scenes at the production processes is essential to bring to light hidden productivity and quality potential and manage it in a targeted manner. As part of comprehensive IT consolidation at Werner & Mertz, the strategic approach was to map the vast majority of production processes in SAP MII (SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence).
Overall, 16 automated manufacturing lines – each comprising up to 12 pieces of machinery – as well as four autonomous manufacturing lines and a further seven manual lines at the two production sites in Mainz and Hallein (Austria) came under the control of SAP MII (SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence). The overall package now consists of further automated palletisers connected to SAP MII (SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence), automated labelling systems for receptacles, cartons and pallets, and the interface linking the conveyor system to the automated high-bay warehouse area and manual warehouse areas, via SAP MII (SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence) identification points. Accordingly, the SAP MII (SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence) Content functionality thus covers all of the areas from process control through to shop-floor controlling and machine interfacing.
- SAP MII 12.1 (SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence) for the production line connection and evaluation
- Production connection and manufacturing execution via IGZ MII Content
- Decentralised order management (production) and detailed order scheduling
- Online entry and evaluation of process-relevant parameters
- Calculation of efficiency indicators for "Weihenstephan standard"
- Role-based presentation of key performance indicators in the management dashboard
- Visualisation of current process parameters for the line manager in SAP MII (SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence) control centre
- Fully transparent system architecture
- Detailed information fully available in SAP on current job status all the way down to the shop-floor level
- Fast and cost-effective process adjustments
- Maximum availability and system stability with operational SAP MII (SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence) system
- High level of data security and data consistency
- Individual user interfaces fully integrated into SAP
- Deep, vertical data integration with SAP MII (SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence)
SAP MII (SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence) Manufacturing Execution: PRODUCTION CONTROL
- Configuration and management of production lines
- Detailed planning and management of production orders
- Batch management
- Plant visualisation and control station
SAP MII (SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence) Manufacturing Integration: MACHINE INTERFACING
- Distribution of production orders, work schedules, bills of materials and material masters from SAP ERP (SAP Enterprise-Resource-Planning)
- Confirmation of production data: prod. quantities with time requirements, batches to SAP ERP (SAP Enterprise-Resource-Planning)
- Machine assembly data connection via TCP/IP telegram exchange
SAP MII (SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence) Overall Equipment Effectiveness: CPI CONTROLLING
- Autom. and manual entry of production data
- Plant metrics according to "Weihenstephan standard"
- Live dashboards for OEE and current orders
- Reports on lines and shifts
- 9 automated production lines
- 2 autonomous production lines
- 3 manual lines
- 6-12 individual units for each line with automated data connection
- 5 automated palletisers
- Automated labelling systems for containers, cartons and pallets
- Connection to automated HBW via 3 ID points and conveyor systems
- 2– to 3-shift operation
- 7 automated production lines with up to 10 individual units
- 2 autonomous production lines
- 4 manual lines
- Manual palletising and labelling
- Manual transfer from production
- Putaway in manual warehouse via MII ID points