- chemical / pharmaceutical industry
- Radio Frequency/MDC
- automated warehouse control
- direct SAP-PLC data link
- order picking warehouse control
- SAP LES/WM
- SAP TRM
- SAP Console
- called LES
EXPANSION WHILE IN OPERATION – HIGHLY AUTOMATED LOGISTICS CENTER WITH SAP STANDARD SOFTWARE
In the course of a warehouse expansion, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics replaced outsourced warehouse management and material flow systems by SAP LES / TRM.
The result: SAP LES / TRM standard software now controls in the highly automated logistics center for clinical diagnostic products all intralogistic processes and the complete automated storage system. It was possible to produce optimized and more powerful logistic processes, without having to use a wide variation in warehouse management and material flow systems, based on SAP LES / TRM.
The reduction is the number of systems and their complexity led to cost savings, more inventory transparency and reduced interfaces. During the complete SAP TRM introduction, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics relied on the consultancy and implementation services provided by IGZ GmbH.
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics offers a wide range of performance-oriented solutions in the diagnostics field for more effective diagnosis and treatment control. The company's products and services bring science, technology and practicability in the health sector together in harmony and create for responsible individuals everywhere the information that is needed for better individual patient care.
Worldwide, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics employs around 14,500 employees. This includes the subsidiary, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Products GmbH, which operates sites in Marburg, Schwalbach and Duisburg. Some 1,300 employees develop and produce at these sites systems and reagents for clotting, plasma protein and infection diagnostics.
The integration of Dade Behring in the Siemens Group was accompanied by an inventory move to the Duisburg site, as this capacity had to be taken over by other European logistic sites. This led to a need to more than double the storage volume in the European Distribution Center (EDC) Duisburg.
In order to be able to cope with these expansion factors and be able to adapt independently to growth in the future, SAP LES with the material flow component SAP TRM was used.
The objective was standardization and reduction of interfaces in the logistic IT architecture. Proprietary middleware and additional systems should be avoided and features, processes and data be available in a central system. This is how a second AKL, an automated high bay storage and the deep freeze picker, including the existing system (AKL) could be brought successfully into production.
SAP WM (SAP Warehouse Management): WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT
- Pick + pack picking
- Data wireless with SAP console in forklift areas and in cross-loading
- Ensuring weights are plausible
- Repacking stations from pallet to container
- Creation of orders from RF
- Priority control
SAP TRM (SAP Task and Resource Management): MATERIAL FLOW CONTROL
- Real time coupling directly to the SPC controller
- TRM monitor with alert features
- Sequential container and pallet service at WzP picking stations
- Direct stacker crane control incl. duplicates and LAM optimizing
SAP dispatch implementation and control: PICKING
- Different picking areas (WzP, MzW)
- Automatic push for WzP picking areas
- Pick-to-belt implementation
- Distribution of dispatch cartons to labeler/bander
- Automated small parts store (built 2005)
- Picking zone 1 and issues area
- Automated small parts store with heated and cold areas
- Picking zone 2
- Automated pallet high bay store, 3 lanes, double depth with heated and cold areas
- Deep freeze picker, 1 lane, double depth, stacker crane with double LAM
- Phase plan and staged migration
- Comprehensive, lean, transparent system architecture
- Near-real time inventory information and feedback
- Lowering of cost for maintenance, service and fault rectification
- System cost reduction
- Elimination of error sources (interfaces)
- Reduced and simpler interfaces (SAP-SPC)
- Higher transparency via storage places, especially covering moved inventory
- Up to 65,000 picks daily
- 80,000 - 100,000 telegrams per hour
- Up to 3,300 AKL and dispatch container transports per hour
- 22 WzP picking stations
- More than 1.3 km of conveyor systems
- More than 14 subordinate controllers, inter alia from BSS, LTW, BEEWEN
- 26,000 container places
- 5 lanes, double depth, stacker crane with 4x LAM
- 27,000 container places
- 6 lanes, stacker crane with 2x LAM
HIGH BAY STORAGE
- 8,000 places
- 3 lanes, double depth
- Up to 200 pallets throughput daily
DEEP FREEZE PICKER (-20°C)
- 1.41,400 places
- 1 lane, double depth