- Industry sector
- general contractor
- Radio Frequency/MDC
- automated warehouse control
- production supply
- direct SAP-PLC data link
- SAP LES/WM
- SAP TRM
- SAP HUM
- SAP ITSmobile
AUTOMATIC TRAY WAREHOUSE IS CREATING MORE FLEXIBILITY AT NIEHOFF
As a family company and a traditional business with a spirit of innovation, the NIEHOFF machine factory produces drawing systems for the wire and cable industry.
In order to handle the pending growth, a multi-stage construction project for a new production and management site was launched in Schwabach, the logistic heart of which is an automatic tray warehouse with more than 8,000 storage places.
NIEHOFF decided on IGZ as Prime Contractor for construction of the intralogistics subsections.
The foundation stone for success had already been laid in the planning phase. Outstanding issues on the dimensioning of the automatic warehouse were solved with the experience and the planning simulation by IGZ (design of stacker cranes, loop vs. cross-transfer cars, capacity buffering sections, etc.).
The approach now taken will allow a future lane extension at any time.
To integrate the tray store and the manual storage areas into the near-production intralogistics, IGZ has assumed the role of general coordinator and system integrator for Niehoff.
The overall solution supports all logistic processes, beginning with goods inwards, push, production supply and picking through to spare parts supply for customer service.
On peak days, the dynamic table store can issue and receive more than 4,000 trays.
The stacker cranes are designed to handle 255 trays an hour.
During the successful project, NIEHOFF has concentrated on future growth.
- Logistic planning and planning simulation
- Calculation of key performance figures and dimensioning of system engineering
- Accompanying the tendering procedure and tender assessment
- Selection consultancy/recommendation for system engineering
- Implementation of warehouse management and material flow control with SAP LES/TRM
- Integration responsibility for all intralogistic trades
- Automatic tray storage
- Data wireless infrastructure
- Connected peripherals (MDEs, printers, etc.)
- Implementation monitoring
- Performance demonstrations and acceptance