- SAP WAREHOUSING
- SAP AUTOMATION / GU
- spare parts logistics
- Industry sector
- SAP EWM
- SAP MFS
- SAP TM/EEI
Since its founding in 1951 KRONES AG has developed far beyond traditional machine and plant construction. The company, which is based in Neutraubling (near Regensburg), has since become the leading manufacturer of filling, process and packing facilities for beverages and food; as well as for pharmaceutical and chemical products. To continue to guarantee optimum customer care, KRONES decided to deploy a universal warehouse management and control system with SAP EWM for automated production and distribution centers.
In accordance with the guiding principle of “Living shared values – creating values together” KRONES AG, which is based in Neutraubling, has been developing and producing comprehensive system solutions for process, filling and packing technology since 1951. Every day, millions of bottles, cans and containers are filled and processed at KRONES facilities located around the world. The sectors supplied by KRONES AG primarily include companies from the beverage, food and pharmaceuticals industries.
The company employs approx. 13,000 employees worldwide and, in 2015, generated a turnover of EUR 3.17 bn. This success is based in part on extensive specialist knowledge of mechanical engineering, as well as a proactive approach to the requirements of the customer industry.
Leaders in technology combined with top-level expertise are the values behind the KRONES name.
KRONES manufactures a wide variety of new installations with different remits at five sites in Germany. The installations are produced in almost a single batch size. The logistics processing is carried out according to the same process with the assistance of SAP ECC 6.0.
To be able to adapt the logistical handling of each site to the Group's value stream-oriented guidelines in future, KRONES needed to initially restructure all logistics processes and to further expand the logistical capacities at its facilities in Rosenheim and Neutraubling.
SAP EWM / MFS will be implemented at these sites initially and rolled out to the remaining sites as part of a later phase. The expertise in SAP EWM and the technical knowledge provided, as well as the efficient working methods were all instrumental factors in the decision to select an implementation partner. Here, KRONES decided to place its trust in IGZ's many years of SAP expertise.
- Productive use of SAP EWM / MFS 7.01
- Order consolidation, compaction and packing processes with plausibility procedures
- Extensive control room and monitoring functions
- Simulation of the coupling of SAP EWM/MFS with the PLC level via PLC systems
- Emulation for SAP EWM
- Mapping material flows and storage operations with SAP MFS (Material Flow System) for all automated warehouse areas: AKL, HBW, trays FT, cassette stores
- Greater process flexibility / extensibility
- Increase in standardized interfaces between SAP and PLC level
- Homogenization of the system landscape and reduction of the interfaces and sources of errors
- Powerful performance and efficiency in picking, packing and dispatch
- Maximum data transparency, better visibility of the overall process
- Release readiness / investment protection
SAP EWM Extended Warehouse Management: Warehouse processes
- System-supported storage, removals, repacking
- Relocation, replenishment
- Production supply
- Mobile data collection
SAP EWM Extended Warehouse Management: Workstations
- Goods-to-Person picking
- Gesture-controlled picking (Pick-by-Motion)
- Dialog-supported work processes
- Picking of large / small parts
SAP EWM Material Flow System: Material flow
- Direct SAP-PLC communication
- Contour control and safety mechanisms
- Direct connection, peripheral equipment (e.g. weighing)
- 5 sites in Germany
- Automated high-bay pallet storage
- 5,400 spaces
- 3 stacker cranes
- 4 picking stations
- Pallets and pallet cages
Automated small parts warehouse
- 31,600 spaces
- 7 stacker cranes
- Stacker cranes in 2 tiers, one on top of the other
- 8 picking stations
Automated cassette stores
- 520 Langgut cassettes
- 1 stacker crane
- Manual large parts warehouse
- 3,000 spaces
Manual large parts warehouse
- 3,000 spaces