- SAP WAREHOUSING
- SAP TRANSPORTATION
- chemical / pharmaceutical industry
- trade / retail / distribution
- SAP EWM
- SAP MFS
- SAP TM/EEI
DYNAMIC PROCESSES AND HIGHEST PERFORMANCE UNDER SAP EWM (SAP Extended Warehouse Management) / MFS (SAP Material Flow System)
As part of Celesio AG with approx. 1000 employees, Herba Chemosan Apotheker-AG is the leading pharmaceutical wholesaler and service provider in Austria. At its 7 logistics sites, 2 of which were set up in 1923, Herba Chemosan sets itself high standards with regard to quality and service quality in modern pharmaceutical logistics.
The optimum warehouse management solution here: standard SAP EWM software to map optimized and more efficient logistics processes on the proven SAP SCM platform. The Austrian industry leader relies on the advantages of holistic SAP system integration to meet efficiently and exceed the requirements of its customers.
Austria’s leading pharmaceuticals distributor and service provider, Herba Chemosan Apotheker-AG, has its headquarters in Vienna.
The company, which was set up in 1923, is part of the global Celesio AG, which focuses on business areas such as Patient and Costumer Solutions, Pharmacy Solutions and Manufacturer Solutions.
Several times a day Herba Chemosan supplies 1000 chemists, doctors and medical institutions with medicines and health products. Alongside medicines, raw ingredients, medicinal herbs and chemicals also find their way to customers. Equipment, chemist software and marketing support round off the portfolio for Herba Chemosan.
The focus is on effectiveness and efficiency in order to continually measure performance quality and guarantee a maximum delivery service level (99%).
Herba Chemosan advocates the standard SAP software for other parts of its operative business processes.
As part of the ‘Sunrise’ project Herba Chemosan replaced the existing merchandise management system with SAP ERP.
Parallel to the introduction of the aforementioned SAP ERP ‘Sunrise’, Herba Chemosan planned the deployment of the SAP Extended Warehouse Managements (SAP EWM) based on the SAP SCM platform, in order to take advantage of the benefits of comprehensive SAP system integration.
Due to the advantages as regards process flexibility, maintainability, release-readiness, service and future-proof design, Herba Chemosan makes use of the opportunities of standard SAP EWM software and thus advances standardization in the IT sector towards an infrastructure that is less reliant on interfaces.
SAP EWM (SAP Extended Warehouse Management): WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT
- Picking wave formation based on shipping tours
- Autom. goods retrieval by means of a 2D barcode
- HU management on a storage level
- Customs clearance
- Dual-level picking
- Automated replenishment control based on minimum stock volumes
SAP ITSmobile (mobile data collection): RADIO DATA TRANSMISSION
- For storage, picking, inventory and replenishment control
- Replenishment initiated manually (ad hoc replenishment)
- Deconsolidation (separation) in parallel in incoming goods
- Batch management, MHD
- Allocation of picking orders through the control room
SAP MFS (SAP Material Flow System): MATERIAL FLOW CONTROL
- Supplying the machine control with SAP orders
- Supplying a circulating picking machine with SAP orders
- Automated document insertion
- Conveyor systems
- Case calculation
- Large volume picking
- SAP ERP ECC 6.0 Retail
- SAP EWM Extended Warehouse Management 5.1
- Direct SAP radio data transmission with SAP ITSmobile on mobile terminals
- Rollout-ready template for 7 sites
- Label printing with SAP EWM
- Warehouse capacity management for volume checking at the storage site location
- System-optimized station picking and storage
- Chaotic/fixed-place storage
- Consideration of MHD
- Wave management for adhering to picking times of less than 20 minutes per order
- Transparent inventory management
- Centralized monitoring on the SAP warehouse management monitor
- Consistent, lean and transparent system architecture
- Up-to-date inventory information and responses
- Higher transparency vis-a-vis storage spaces, especially on moving stock
- Reduction of maintenance, servicing and troubleshooting workloads
- Fewer systems and sources of errors
- Development of their in-house SAP expertise put Herba Chemosan in a position to roll out the template to 4 sites themselves
- Future-proofing and investment protection through the application of SAP SCE standard software
“Thanks to the expert support from our implementation partners the introduction of SAP was successfully completed despite the tight timings and the critical performance requirement. IGZ made a significant contribution with their specialist knowledge in technology and logistics.”
Herba Chemosan Apotheker AG
- 7 logistics sites in Austria
- Up to 75,000 dispatch note items / day
- Up to 20,000 dispatch note items / hour per site
- 2.3 mill. dispatch note items per month
- 8.5 mill. outgoing goods packages per month
- 1,200 orders per hour
- 42,000 different items in stock
- Over 170,000 storage spaces
- Average picking time of 20 minutes per order
- Concept in detail: 3 months
- Conclusion of implementation at first site: after 5.5 months of prior planning
- Go-live, first site: July 2009