Hansgrohe stands for innovation, design, sustainability and the highest quality. The Schwarzwald-based company, which was founded in 1901, has an overriding passion for the life element water – its goal is to make bathing and showering a true delight.
It goes without saying that Hansgrohe’s high performance standards do not stop at logistics.
With its Logistics Center Offenburg (LZO), the ‘heart’ of the global Hansgrohe logistics, the traditional Schwarzwald company ensures that its wide range of products is made available all over the world. The bathroom fittings manufacturer is supported by SAP EWM, which manages and controls the manifold warehousing processes in the LZO. Whether for storage, removals or relocations; whether for picking, dispatch handling or specific customer services – with SAP EWM Hansgrohe is setting new standards in logistics, too.
With around 3,300 employees on all continents, 10 production facilities, proprietary branch offices in 38 countries and a presence in over 100 markets Hansgrohe AG is one of the few global players within the bathroom and sanitation industry. Its brands, Hansgrohe, Axor, Pharo and Pontos, are watchwords for innovative, high-quality bathroom products, superb design and environmentally friendly sanitation technology. The Hansgrohe collection of products and solutions ranges from fittings to overhead and hand-held showers, through to complete shower systems.
The company was founded over 110 years ago and remains one third family-owned. Today, its unwavering pioneering spirit makes it one of the leaders in design and innovation within the international sanitation industry.
Hansgrohe has dedicated itself to a simple and clear recipe for success: innovation from tradition, paired with sustainable, entrepreneurial thinking and a genuine passion for the element of water.
Hansgrohe, which is based in Schiltach and is a specialist in the manufacture of fittings and showers, has always demonstrated an upwards growth trend.
Efficient distribution logistics that will meet future market conditions require flexible logistics processes. To be able to demonstrate the sustained sales growth logistically efficiency within the Hansgrohe Logistics Center Offenburg (LZO) had to be increased. A long-term, sustainable warehousing IT solution needed to be created to achieve this. As part of the IT modernization, moreover, it was necessary to cover more specific customer requirements and new logistical approaches in the global distribution network.
For Hansgrohe it was clear that the new warehousing IT solution would have to mean full integration into the overall SAP system landscape and a reduction in the number of interfaces. The high coverage of functions, the low implementation cost and the higher investment protection, together with flexibility regarding the process requirements all lead Hansgrohe to opt for SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM).
The quality of the logistics and SAP EWM expertise, as well as the technical knowledge communicated, the high number of SAP EWM solutions and the innovative ideas for optimizing the logistics processes in turn were pivotal in prompting Hansgrohe to choose SAP EWM implementation with IGZ.
SAP EWM (SAP Extended Warehouse Management): WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT
- Continuous mapping of all tasks and resources
- Multi-client capability
- HU management and batch management
- Autom. production supply
- Autom. RFID WE Collection
SAP EWM (SAP Extended Warehouse Management): PICKING
- Parallelization of the pick & pack processes
- Case calculation
- MDE-supported picking with Extended SAP ITSmobile
- Chaotic and flexible storage in all picking areas
- System-based value-added services
SAP MFS (SAP Material Flow System): MATERIAL FLOW CONTROL
- Reporting point and priority-controlled material flows
- Dynamic storage space allocation and optimal RBG performance
- Mapping of all strategies for storage, removal, retrieval and replenishment
- Management of all load carriers (trays, pallet cages, etc.)
- Productive use of SAP EWM / MFS 7.01
- Mapping material flows and storage operations with SAP MFS (Material Flow System) for all automated warehouse areas: AKL, prod. supply depot, high-bay storage, trays FT, picking module, etc.
- Use of Extended SAP ITSmobile (eITS) in MzW picking areas
- Service provider linking with XSI Express Ship Interface
- Order consolidation, compaction and packing processes with plausibility procedures
- Simulation of the coupling of SAP EWM/MFS with the PLC level via PLC Simulation for SAP SCE
- Extensive control room and monitoring functions
- Control of a variety of different types of warehouse logistics and automation technology
- Direct linking of Siemens SIMATIC S7 controllers to SAP EWM / MFS
- Use of MDE devices with Extended SAP ITSmobile (eITS)
- Weighing and printing connection (e.g. labels, delivery notes, etc.)
- Homogenization of the system landscape and reduction of the interfaces and sources of errors
- Overarching process optimizations without adaptation of the warehouse logistics and automation technology
- Increased performance and efficiency in picking, packing and dispatch
- 24 hr. service for all ranges (small deliveries, replacement parts, active products, etc.)
- Greater flexibility in processes within the value-added services (e.g. customized labeling, etc.)
- Maximum data transparency, better visibility of the overall process
- Involvement in the Customer Validation Program SAP EWM 7.01
“The extensive basis for successful and productive SAP EWM reference installations with sophisticated processes as well as the quality of the consulting and support during the pre-project and analysis phase impressed us: IGZ ‘lives’ SAP EWM.”
Hansgrohe AG, Offenburg
- Offenburg Logistics Center (LZO)
- Product range stocked:
- Active sales products: 4,500
- Replacement parts: 8,000
- Deliveries/day: 2,200
- Order lines/day: 10,000
- Packages/day: 7,000
- Shipment tonnage/day (kg): 105,000
AUTOM. HIGH-BAY STORAGE SYSTEM
- Pallet spaces: 8,900
- Autom. stacker cranes 6
- Double cycles/hr.: 100
AUTOM. SMALL PARTS STORE
- Tray spaces: 62,000
- Autom. stacker cranes 8
- Load-handling attachment: 3-way
- Double cycles/hr.: 800
OTHER LOGISTICS AREAS
- Incoming goods / outgoing goods / dispatch
- A / B / C module (tray, etc.)
- 3-lane autom. tray storage for production supply
- 2-lane autom. order combination buffer for pre-picked trays
- WzP pre-picking spaces
- MzW pick and WzP packing places