- manufacturing control
- machine interfacing
- Plant Data Collection (PDC)
- IGZ Best Practices
- SAP ME / MII
- SAP PCO
SAP ME (SAP MANUFACTURING EXECUTION) AND SAP EWM (SAP EXTENDED WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT) FOR HIGHLY OPTIMISED ASSEMBLY WITH AUTOMATIC PRODUCTION LOGISTICS
Due to more and more necessary process changes and increasing demands in manufacturing, Aspöck Systems GmbH, Europe's leading manufacturer of complete lighting systems for all kinds of drawn vehicles has chosen an in-depth and integrative SAP complete solution. Due to the introduction of SAP Manufacturing Execution (ME) and SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) Aspöck is now ideally equipped for future demands.
The BERICAP group with annual sales of approximately 800 million Euro, is worldwide among the largest manufacturers of plastic closure caps for the beverage, food and non-food sector. BERICAP's 3,000 employees produce 76 billion closure caps per year. A plastic closure cap is essentially produced in three steps: A precursor of the closure cap is created by injection moulding. In the second part, different components are mounted, for example the sealing washer is inserted into the cap. At the end, the closure cap is printed.
BERICAP opts for a market-oriented production to respond quickly and flexibly to the requirements of each customer. For this purpose, the group operates 23 production sites in 20 countries and sales offices in more than 70 countries. Although t (Kopie 6)
BERICAP opts for a market-oriented production to respond quickly and flexibly to the requirements of each customer. For this purpose, the group operates 23 production sites in 20 countries and sales offices in more than 70 countries.
Although the production is largely automated, many work processes at BERICAP were still based on paper. For instance, the sequence planning of production in SAP ERP order sheets, control and nominal/actual data sheets were created and printed out.
Moreover, procedures supplied together with the sheets in the production were also on paper. BERICAP sought the introduction of SAP MII, a standard MES solution by SAP, to increase both transparency and efficiency in production, and with IGZ, the leading SAP project house for production, they teamed up with a professional implementation partner. The production plant at the company's headquarters in Budenheim near Mainz was selected as a pilot site.
- Complete transparency in production
- Direct data acquisition enables online visualisation of the ACTUAL state
- Early warning system: online hint on emerging problems
- Realistic data about machine performance
- Timely reporting with valid database
- Group-wide uniform indicators whilst production remains decentralised
- Detection of sources of error and confounding factors
- Ease of detailing and extension of information possible
- In-process information to the operator
- Deployment of production-accompanying documents (procedure / test instructions) in the current form
- Central requirement for the order valid process / machine parameters
- Increase of quality and efficiency
- System-based, production accompanying collection of quality and production data
- Improvement of machine utilization (reducing overproduction and waiting times)
With the integration of SAP EWM (SAP extended warehouse management) and SAP ME (SAP manufacturing execution) IGZ realized an intelligent solution to successfully couple storage and production. The result: More economic work in production and shorter delivery times for the customer.
- Data radio/MDE
- Picking control
- SAP ME
KEY FIGURES OUTGOING GOODS
- Number of users: over 500
- At final completion: approx. 600,000 items per day
Customer warehouse (flat packed goods)
- Up to 18,000 items a day
NOOS (flat packed goods):
- NOOS 1 and NOOS 2 - 50,000 items a day and from the first day after Go-Live (performance with the old system)
- Up to 60,000 items a day in NOOS 1 and NOOS 2
Pre-order (flat packed goods)
- Pre-order 1 to 300,000 items a day
- Pre-order 2 to 180,000 items a day