- general contractor
- automated warehouse control
- production supply
- direct SAP-PLC data link
- manufacturing control
- SAP EWM
- SAP ME
- SAP MFS
SAP ME / SAP EWM enables us to recognize potential for optimisation ourselves and to make adjustments using our own expertise.
Wolfgang Aigner | Project Director
Aspöck Systems GmbH
SAP ME (SAP MANUFACTURING EXECUTION) AND SAP EWM (SAP EXTENDED WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT) FOR HIGHLY-OPTIMISED ASSEMBLY WITH AUTOMATED PRODUCTION LOGISTICS
As a result of increasing numbers of process changes and the ever-increasing requirements facing manufacturing, Aspöck Systems GmbH, Europe's leading manufacturer of complete lighting systems for all makes of towed vehicles, decided to introduce an exhaustive and integrated all-in-one SAP solution.
Thanks to the rollout of SAP Manufacturing Execution (ME) and SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM), Aspöck is now ideally suited to meet the challenges of the future.
Formed in 1977 and based in Peuerbach, Austria, Aspöck Systems GmbH is Europe's leading manufacturer of complete lighting systems for all makes of towed vehicles.
The product portfolio is rounded off with lighting units, wiring, plug connectors and distributors for automotive installations, HGV towing vehicles and motorcycles, as well as for agricultural vehicles and bike racks. Employing a workforce of 960 at its two production sites in Austria and Portugal, the Aspöck Group posts annual revenue of over €113 million.
Aspöck Systems GmbH deploys SAP ERP (SAP Enterprise-Resource-Planning) Release 6.0 for handling its operational business IT.
Convinced by the SAP strategy and the added value of an open IT platform, Aspöck decided to retire its proprietary and non-upgradeable production and warehouse management system, rolling out SAP ME (SAP Manufacturing Execution) and SAP EWM (SAP Extended Warehouse Management) in its place. The project also involved retrofitting the system's outdated control layer.
By simplifying the processes and utilising standard procedures in the ERP system, significant reductions were made in the turnaround time for production orders. Another benefit is the fact that Aspöck can service and extend the system itself.
With SAP ME (SAP Manufacturing Execution), Aspöck has a fully-featured MES with standard integration to existing SAP ERP (SAP Enterprise-Resource-Planning) at its disposal. Direct integration with SAP EWM (SAP Extended Warehouse Management) represents additional failover protection. Thanks to the high level of acceptance and rapid familiarisation of employees with the system, Aspöck can now take a greater role in the rest of the rollout work.
- SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 6
- SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME 6.1)
- SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM 9.0)
- Direct control of PLC by SAP MFS
- Highly-optimised SAP ME touchscreen PODs
- Data collection with planned value settings and intervention thresholds
- Extended ITSmobile for mobile handhelds
- Real-time SAP EWM/SAP ME (SAP Extended Warehouse Management/SAP Manufacturing Execution) integration
- Process interlocking even for complex, parallel work steps
- Extended time recording with RFID reporting and SAP HR integration with connection to external payroll systems
- Elimination of non-SAP interfaces to achieve a uniform, transparent system infrastructure
- Failover protection and guarantee of real-time functionality by decoupling SAP ERP (SAP Enterprise-Resource-Planning) for the production site
- Rollout-ready template for other locations
- SAP ME (SAP Manufacturing Execution) is a fully-featured MES with integration to an existing SAP ERP (SAP Enterprise-Resource-Planning) as standard
- SAP EWM (SAP Extended Warehouse Management) for assembly bus control with direct SAP ME (SAP Manufacturing Execution) integration
SAP EWM (SAP Extended Warehouse Management): WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT
- Supply to assembly
- Replenishment supply
- Resource management
- Multi-order picking
SAP MFS (SAP Material Flow System): CONTROL TECHNOLOGY
- PLC software retrofit
- SAP EWM integration
- New stacker crane touchpanel
- Facility visualisation
SAP ME (SAP Manufacturing Execution): PROCESS INTEGRATION
- Work Instructions
- Process interlocking
- Employee time recording
- Work-in-Process stock
- Production data collection
- Peuerbach, Austria
- Approx. 60 assembly work centres
- Approx. 900 production orders/day, each with approx. 5 operations
- 8,000 HBW pallet bays
- 2 aisles, double-deep
- 3,000 tote spaces for small parts (AS/RS system)
- 2 Mustang stacker cranes on 1 rail
- Control technology retrofit
- PLC software upgrade
Download case study